This vibrant beets hummus is creamy, and light. It is healthy and easy to make perfect for dipping and sandwiches.
* 2 small roasted beet peeled and chopped
* 1 1/2 Cups chickpeas drained
* 2/3 cup tahini
* 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
* 2 cloves garlic chopped
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Roasted pine nuts for topping
* Chopped parsley for topping
* Combine the chickpeas, tahini, beet, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor.
* With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, I like mine extra garlicky
* Serve in a bowl and sprinkle parsley, roasted pine nuts, Drizzle olive oil on top.
* Hummus can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. It may thicken up in the fridge, add 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time to get the perfect consistency again.
* If you have a food processor, now it’s the time to use it.
* Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can also be frozen - mix well once thawed to bring it together.
* Using dried chickpeas will create an even better flavor than canned, but it only takes more time to soak and boil.