These samosas are so delicious! Super crispy Chicken Samosas full of well-seasoned chicken, spiced up with just enough spices and heat. Great to make ahead as appetizers for parties.
For the filling:
8 oz minced chicken
1 medium onion finely ( chopped )
1 tsp grated garlic
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1 cup fresh cilantro ( chopped )
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
* In a medium- large skillet, add oil, and minced ground chicken, stirring constantly until it’s cooked through, strain chicken to get rid of liquids.
Add onions, garlic, ginger and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent any burns.
* Then add, cumin, paprika, gram masala and salt continue stirring with a heavy wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
* Finally add fresh cilantro, adjust the salt or seasoning, to taste. Remove from the heat and let it cool. You may prepare this a day in advance.
* Place a heaping spoon of the chicken mixture on the far end of the pastry at an angle.
* Fold the pastry over the chicken at an angle to form a triangle.
* Continue folding the pastry back and forth creating a triangle pocket that is several layers thick with chicken in the middle.
* Heat oil in a pan, When the oil is heated nicely, simmer the heat to medium.
* Deep fry the samosas on medium heat till golden brown.Remove on a plate lined with tissue and serve hot