These cute little boat shaped pide’s are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, veggies and spices.
These cute little boat shaped pide’s are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, veggies and spices. The flavours and textures are incredibly fresh and delicious. I first tasted these Turkish pizza when I went to turkey last year, I literally had them everyday for 3 weeks! I love it, give it a try.
For the dough:
4 Cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 Luke water
• In a bowl add water and sprinkle active yeast and allow mixture to get its frothy.
• In stand mixer, attachment dough hook. * Add the flour and the salt and combine.
• Add the yeast mixture and vegetable oil to the flour.
• Mix the flour until the dough can be pulled away from the sides of the bowl with a spatula, but the dough will still be quite sticky. You may need to add in a little bit more or less flour, but the key is to remember that the dough will still be sticky and will stick to your fingers when you try to pull it apart.
• Grease a large bowl, then turn the dough to coat it in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, about 1 hour.
If you feel the dough is to hard to work with add more water.
If you feel the dough is to sticky add more flour.
When your adding water to the yeast make sure it’s the right temperature, it needs to be Luke-warm to the touch.
Make sure the yeast is not outdated, it will not be near as effective otherwise. .
For the topping:
1 Ib ground beef
3 medium tomatoes diced
2 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper
2 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoon Cumin
Start preparing your topping while waiting for the dough to be leaven. Add your, diced tomatoes, finely chopped onions, finely chopped garlic, tomato paste, veg oil, salt, black pepper, paprika and cumin to your ground beef and stir until combined very well.
Strain the filling while preparing the dough.
Pour some flour on your surface.
Take your leaven dough and knead it very well. Divide in 8 equal pieces. Pour some flour on them, cover with a towel and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
Grease the baking tray, then Roll all the dough pieces with your rolling pin in a long oval shape. Align them in your greased baking tray.
Share your ground meat topping to the doughs, Fold the long two sides inward and shape it like a boat.
Heat your oven to (400 °F). Put your baking tray into the bottom shelf of your oven and bake your "pide" until the meat cooks and the sides turn golden brown.
Take your pide with ground beef from the oven. Butter the sides. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.