Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect solution to comfort you on a cool fall day! These cinnamon rolls are soft, delicious and then covered in a delicious cream cheese frosting!
* 3 1/2- 4 cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup pumpkin purée
* 1/2 cup warm milk
* 1 large egg
* 1/4 cup butter softened
* 3 teaspoon active yeast
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup butter softened
* 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cream Cheese Frosting
* 4 ounces cream cheese softened
* 1/4 cup salted butter softened
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2-3 tablespoons milk
* In a small bowl combine warm milk, brown sugar, and active dry yeast and let sit 5 minutes or until foamy
* In a stand mixer combine pumpkin puree, salt, butter, egg, cinnamon, and 4 cups of flour. Pour foamy yeast mixture in and mix with dough hook on low speed for 5-8 minutes until soft and elastic.
* Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12 inch by 18 inch rectangle.
* In a mixing bowl, make the filling by whipping the butter with the pumpkin puree. Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
* Spread across the rolled out dough leaving 1/2 inch around the top edge. Roll up tightly lengthwise towards the top edge so you have one long roll. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 slices.
* Place the slices onto a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 18 to 20 minutes, until just slightly golden brown on top.
* While the rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze by using a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve a drizzle-like consistency.
* Frost the rolls while still warm. Serve immediately.