Dates Maamoul ( Dates Shortbread Cookies) are buttery that will melt in your mouth.
Dates Maamoul are buttery date filled shortbread cookies that will melt in your mouth amd taste Amazing.
5-6 Cups flour
6 eggs yolk
1 pack unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp mahlib
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tbs milk
* 3 cups dates, pitted
* 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
* 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 table spoon sugar.
Filling: Blend dates together in a food processor with sugar and 1 tablespoon oil until smooth. Add orange blossom water. Roll 1 tablespoon dates into 24 small balls.
Ma’amoul ( set aside )
* Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, flour, mahlib and baking powder.
* In a another mixing bowl add butter and sugar until well combined then add egg yolk, knead mixture. Gradually add 1/2 cup of flour to the mixture. Knead dough by hand for 5 minutes until soft and pliable.
* Shape dough into small balls. Press thumb into ball to make cup. Fill cup with balls of date. Mold dough over filling, pressing seams to seal. Roll into balls. Press balls into decorated mold, tapping them out onto a work surface. Arrange on a baking sheet.
* Bake on middle rack of oven for 25 minutes, or until golden.
* Let cool, then arrange on a serving plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving, (if desire)
Recent PostsSee All
Linzer cookies are buttery, jam-filled sandwich cookies. You can fill them with any jam flavour you love and finished with a dusting of powdered sugar. Ingredients 1 cup butter at room temperature 1 c